Our 2014 and 2015 Vail Lake and Big Bear Team Camps were incredible successes, not just in the areas of team bonding and skill development, but in the area of race results, too! Ninjas won the Cat 2/3 overall and our Pro/1 team took home 3rd overall!
So, in light of that—we’ve acquired another (bigger) team Big Bear Cabin for 2016! The cabin will serve as a home base for our team camp over Memorial Day Weekend as we prepare for the Kenda/US Cup races in Big Bear. (Besides, it’s another excuse to ride bikes and hang out with friends.)
Below, you’ll find our itinerary for the camp :
Day 1 (Friday)
- Arrive in Big Bear
- Team Dinner at the Cabin
- Altitude Acclimation Breakdown (What to Expect and Why it’s Important)
Day 2 (Saturday)
- Review Bike Setup (Tire choices, suspension, more).
- Race Discussion / Brief Course Analysis
- US Cup Course Pre-view with technical sessions as needed
- Intermediate / Advanced skill review
- Fueling / Nutrition Discussion
- BBQ / Hangout at the Team Ninja Cabin
Day 3 (Sunday)
- Big Bear US Cup Race Strategy – Detailed
- Efficiency and Flow Review and Practice
- Proper Line Choice
- Fast Lap / Race Pace
- Optional Extra Credit Riding
- Team dinner in the Village
Day 4 (Monday)
- Breakfast Discussion
- ‘How To Go Faster’ Tip Review
- Session / Master Tech Sections on US Cup Course
- Fun Ride
- Head Back Home
Arrive May 27, depart May 30 — Memorial Day Weekend
Team Ninja Members Only — Not a member yet? Join the Team, information is here.
Free (except for accommodations, food, transportation, etc.)
We’d love it if you’d stay at the new Team Ninja Cabin located at the base of Snow Summit Resort. An amazing location for pre-rides/course recon. Reserve your spot and learn all about our new digs here. ***check your Team Ninja email re: this subject for the password to view this page.
If the cabin is full or you’d like to explore other options — check out our offical host hotel: the Big Bear Chateau | Best Western. You can reach them at 909/866-6666, when you call ask for Sherry and tell her you are attending the Ninja Mountain Bike Camp. She’ll give you the lowest avaialble rate.