(updated May 20, 2015)
The 2014 Vail Lake and Big Bear Team Camps were incredible successes, not just in the areas of team bonding and skill development, but in the area of race results, too! Ninjas won the Cat 2/3 overall and our Pro/1 team took home 3rd overall!
So, in light of that—and renewed lease on the team Big Bear Cabin—we are planning another team camp over Memorial Day Weekend to prepare for the US Cup races in Big Bear. (Besides, it’s another excuse to ride bikes and hang out with friends.)
Below, you’ll find our itinerary for the camp :
Day 1 (Friday)
- Arrive in Big Bear
- Team Dinner at the Cabin
- Altitude Acclimation Breakdown (What to Expect and Why it’s Important)
Day 2 (Saturday)
- Review Bike Setup (Tire choices, suspension, more).
- Race Discussion / Brief Course Analysis
- US Cup Course Pre-view with technical sessions as needed
- Intermediate / Advanced skill review
- Fueling / Nutrition Discussion
- BBQ / Hangout at the Team Ninja Cabin
Day 3 (Sunday)
- Big Bear US Cup Race Strategy – Detailed
- Efficiency and Flow Review and Practice
- Proper Line Choice
- Fast Lap / Race Pace
- Optional Extra Credit Riding
- Team dinner in the Village
Day 4 (Monday)
- Breakfast Discussion
- ‘How To Go Faster’ Tip Review
- Session / Master Tech Sections on US Cup Course
- Fun Ride
- Head Back Home (or stay another night if you’d like).
Arrive May 22, depart May 25 — Memorial Day Weekend
Team Ninja Members Only — Not a member yet? Join the Team, information is here… http://teamninjaelite.com/team-info/
Free (except for accommodations, food, transportation, etc.)
Stay at the Team Ninja Big Bear Cabin (cost ranges between $40 and $120 per night). I’m sure all the ‘good’ beds are going to fill fast — information on how to reserve your spot will be sent to the team email list.
** If you’d like to see something else added to the camp, let me know. I will send out a more specific time-line for each days activities when we get closer to the camp.